Friday, July 13, 2012

Day 13 in Cartagena -- Week 1 wrapped -- The Flight Plan

I posted this message on Facebook (I corrected some typos here, LOL) and wanted to share it here in my blog as well:

 End of week one of THE FLIGHT PLAN. It's only been my second day of filming but today was a tough one for us all because of the heat & having to be inside of a HOT airplane for most of the day without any AC.

 I am sitting here in a cramped van, 1 of 12 & I can't help but smile.

 The awesome camera crew; working so hard to capture Colombia'a beauty & even though we can't all communicate, we KNOW we're on the same page. Grateful for their work to keep our cast looking good.

Our lovely makeup artist, Alcira, who works her tail off & also is like our set grandmother, making sure we're ok whether no matter what. 

Ian, our sound master always making sure we're silencio, or listo! ;)

Jorge, our producer, who people kid with, but we all know has one of the biggest hearts on set!

A fantastic cast & FAMILY -- really!

Joe, are amazing BTS man, who always keeps it fun in front of his camera!

The rest of the crew who couldn't be here today for security purposes, but ALWAYS bust ass!

Our driver who waited in the van all day, and is now letting us all sleep on the ride home.

Of course my two directors...Will & Al, I can't thank you guys enough for trusting me to lead your show! I'm so incredibly driven to do my best for this project everyone loves so much!

Team TFP!"

Like I mentioned, it was an intense day, but you'd never know it from anyone's spirits. It was just a physical thing. Mentally though, we were all rising above and enjoying it all.

It was one of those days that really tests you. There was no place to hide for the crew and they never once bitched. I passed out for a little on the ride home, then woke up and from the back seat was thinking as my iPod was playing. I glanced around and saw everyone passed out and a song came on my iPod. It was Joshua Radin's BRAND NEW DAY.

I honestly don't even know how it ended up on my computer, much less into my iPod, but it just was the perfect song in that moment.



I was feeling incredibly grateful, and Al (one of our directors) happened to be sitting next to me and we were chatting just before I passed out. I could genuinely sense his excitement and that made me excited.

This is a team...a strong one and that's not to be judged by anything but our commitment to each other.  I always am a fan of that and it's been a while since I've felt one this strong across the boards.

Here is our fun from yesterday!  A special action scene will be up soon for everyone to check out ;)
Fun shot by Joe Vergara aka Frankie Jazz.
Our Picture Vehicle
Estefenia & Juan chill as I get my makeup applied.
It's my tradition to slate in each of my films :)
Mosquito murder. Don't mess with me...or my blood.
ACTUAL pilots...and me :)
These two pictures were taken during the ride in the van I described above.

No comments:

Post a Comment